After the initial fad, there is no denying the health properties of goji berries, their promising antioxidant effects and their ability to stimulate the immune system.
Goji berries are no longer in fashion. They had an incredible boom, everyone was happily consuming the Himalayan berries, believing that this product would be the end of all their ills and health problems. Despite the lack of human research, internet marketing took it upon itself to elevate this dried berry to the solution of all diseases.
Part of the success of goji consumption was that the goji berry is relatively cheap and easy to acquire, and easily consumable. You can eat it either alone or in juice, or with various dishes and desserts, and it tastes good (like a raisin, more or less). So it flooded the consumer market, being sold everywhere.
It is said that the regular consumption of goji berries improves our attitude by making us feel happier. In fact in Asia it is known as the happy berry 🙂
However, limited human research and a series of studies that showed the presence of heavy metals and chemicals above the permitted levels in some brands, put the goji berry in its place. Their consumption and interest in goji berries dropped dramatically.
However, the goji berry itself is NOT TOXIC, as certain brands and unscrupulous traders and producers sell them with more pesticides than allowed. If you want you can buy certified and quality goji berries, and you can enjoy the benefits that thousands of people around the world are talking about.
Goji is an ideal complement for those who want to stay young, improve their eyesight, regulate their sleep and appetite, take care of their kidneys and liver and feel better in general and have energy.
Protects against premature aging through its antioxidant action, protecting us from the constant attack of free radicals and improving resistance to disease by increasing the immune response.
– It increases your energy and strength and makes you feel younger. Goji stimulates the release by the pituitary gland of human growth hormone whose benefits include the reduction of body fat, improved sleep, improved memory, accelerated healing, recovery of libido and a more youthful appearance.
– It reduces the risk of cancer. Goji berries contain the mineral germanium and its unique antioxidants and polysaccharides may stop mutations that can lead to cancer. There are several studies on this subject.
– It lowers cholesterol. Goji contains beta-sitosterol, which has been shown to lower cholesterol levels.
– It improves sexual function and treats sexual dysfunction by increasing libido in both men and women.
– Helps to lose weight. The polysaccharides in Goji berries reduce body weight by increasing the conversion of food into energy instead of fat.
– Improves vision and eye health. Goji berries are able to reduce the time needed for vision to adapt to darkness. Their carotenoids can also protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.
– It detoxifies the liver.
– They support normal kidney function.
– Goji berries are beneficial to your immune system
– Goji berries are very rich in natural antioxidants that enhance our immune system against disease, harmful free radicals and inflammation. They contain large amounts of vitamins A and C, which are vital for preventing diseases from the common cold to cancer.
High levels of antioxidants are responsible for fighting cancer cells, slowing tumor growth, reducing inflammation and helping to remove harmful substances from the body.
A refreshing way to eat goji berries in a delicious soft drink
Goji berries improve vision
Being rich in zeaxanthin, an antioxidant known for its excellent benefits to the eyes, they are a great natural aid to age-related macular degeneration, and to protect the eyes from exposure to UV rays, free radicals and other forms of oxidative stress.
Goji berries are also rich in lutein and other polysaccharides and polyphenols that have been shown to improve vision, including the prevention of age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
How to Eat Goji Berries and Get All Their Benefits
Dried goji berries are very popular and you can buy them in almost any grocery store, either physically or online through your cell phone or computer. You can eat them directly or hydrate them. You can also add them to your bowl of oatmeal or cereal.They are also sold in powder form to add to your morning shake, or even to make as a tea, which can be prepared hot.
They can be consumed by people of all ages and physical conditions. The optimal dose is a handful (20g-40g) a day.
Superfood available on Amazon: